- Embracing Family Diversity
- Creating LGBTQ-inclusive Schools
- Preventing Bias-Based Bullying
- Supporting Transgender and Gender Expansive Students
Educators can find materials here necessary to create learning environments in which all students are welcomed and respected.
To get started in your school, check out:
- Keys to Success to help you think about the first steps you need to take in your community.
Working with the adults in the elementary school community is a critical place to begin. Take a look at:
- Professional Development Resources
- Teachable Moments with materials like What Do You Say to “That’s So Gay”
- Planning community building events for parents and guardians in your school community.
- For a set of key materials from Welcoming Schools to help you get started, download the Welcoming Schools Starter Kit.
Welcoming Schools has trainers and consultants located throughout the United States that can work with you to determine appropriate first steps for your community. Contact us now!
Initiated by a group of parents and educators to meet the needs of students whose family structures are not well represented or included in school environments, Welcoming Schools is also a response to educators who have asked for tools to address bias-based name-calling and bullying. Additionally, it offers a wide range of resources for school administrators and educators to support students who don’t conform to gender norms. For a look at the people engaged with developing welcoming and safe schools for all children, see:
Welcoming Schools Facilitators Access Point