Welcoming Schools Assessment Tool
Welcoming Schools provides tools and resources for early childhood and elementary schools to improve school climate by:
- Stopping bias-based bullying and name-calling, related to sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, economic status, learning, physical abilities, etc.
- Creating a positive school climate to embrace a diverse student body including family diversity and diversity of gender expression and identity.
Elements of Welcoming Schools include:
- Leadership Development (for educators, families and administrators)
- Professional Development
- Tools for classroom interventions and lessons aligned with the common core
- Family Engagement (Including events for parents/guardians)
This assessment tool will help you gauge your needs in relation to implementing Welcoming Schools. Answering “No” to a question by no means precludes your school from engaging with Welcoming Schools.